Wednesday, April 12, 2006

sewing is fun...and I sound like a dork!

I don't have a whole lot to say, but I just finished a pile of work...so I am wasting time by updating this site, even though I am pretty sure that no one really reads it anymore due to my lack of updates. So, my life has been busy. I finally did what I was supposed to do and got an internship for school. I now work 8 hours on Saturdays at a cute little fabric store and I make a whopping $0! Actually, instead of making money, I spend money. Going to school for interior design has been slightly dangerous for my wallet. I used to think that we had the most adorable apartment in the world. Now I go home and realize that there are way too many different styles going on and want to change it all so that it is perfect. (considering that it is three people's stuff, and it is just an apartment--it is really freaking cute--everyone that comes over really likes it).

While I was on the search for the perfect fabric for new pillows, well, I got sidetracked. I found some adorable fabric...and decided to test out my rusty sewing skills and make some fun summer tote bags. It turned out rather cute, and quite large...the perfect size for some beach towels and what not. So...I LOVE it, and have made two and have plans to make several more already. Anyway....here's what my new bag looks like....even if it is a crappy camera phone picture, I'll share it with you!

Truthfully, I have more exciting things going on in my life. Last night I went to a great Spurs game with Jason. We had a great time. It was a lot of fun to cheer them on. I unfortunately have not seen as many games this year as I would like to, but the playoffs are around the corner and you can be sure that I won't be missing those games! We have a wedding for a friend this weekend and I'm sure that it will be a blast...lots of friends, and they are always entertaining. Well, its back to work for me.

4 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Stacy Ann said...

I truly love that bag that you made! Gosh! You are an awesome little seamtress, I'm inspired. Now I need to go make Tim fix the sewing machine his mom gave me. I feel some projects coming on this summer... see you soon! :)

 
At 8:00 PM, April 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KSV! I'll be seeing you soon - I'm flying into SA on the 21st of May! love love love,

Catherine

 
At 4:54 PM, November 20, 2006, Anonymous jillian said...

you havent blogged since april?!?!?! you better get on it!

 
At 4:25 PM, April 12, 2007, Blogger jillian said...

its been a whole year since youve posted...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home