Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tampa - the best surprise trip!

I mentioned the other day that I was going on a trip with Jason to Tampa, but that doesn't really explain much of anything. Now, any of you that are here already know the background, but this is for the hundreds of other readers that don't know....Ha, uh, right. For Christmas, Jason gave me a weekend trip, but he didn't tell me where we were going. All I knew was that he had everything taken care of and planned. So, he planned this weekend trip to Tampa, Florida for us...and he even managed to make sure that none of our friends spilled the beans. He had me fully convinced that we were driving and staying close to SA. The night before the secret was leaked, but it was still a whole month of surprise...and I was really excited to hear that he had the whole thing planned for Florida!! We got into Tampa late Friday night, just in time to watch the last half of the Spurs beating Miami. The next day was a long, full, fun day at Busch Gardens. We were there from the time the park opened til it closed, which honestly, I think surprised both of us! Now any of you that know Jason know that he isn't much for roller coasters and other rides that twist your stomach all up, BUT...he was so sweet that he rode the rides with me. Now, I on the other hand really like roller coasters and that feeling you get in your stomach when you are flipped in the air at extreme speeds, but let me tell you.....these rides were NO JOKE! This is the Sheikra...it STARTS with a 70 mph 200 foot drop at a 90 degree angle to the ground. So basically you are falling face first for 200 feet as you stare right at the ground that you feel like you are about to splat upon. We actually bought the picture that they take of you on the ride, cause Jason's face, it was priceless! If your interested, go check out the Sheikra. You can see all the pictures, and even do a virtual ride video thing.



Around noon we got to join the Anheuser-Busch Beer School for a beer tasting event. It was a lot more informative and interesting than I expected it to be. They had us pair the different beers with cheese, grapes, and even chocolate. I think that everyone in there was hesitant to try beer after eating milk chocolate, but it actually worked well with the ones that they suggested! It was the perfect break in the day for our feet and to relax a little bit!


Then we rode some other rides, watched a scary "4-D movie - basically 3-D with other special effects that scare the crap out of you if you aren't expecting them - water squirting you, rat tails brushing your leg, etc.... did all sort of the fun little adventure tours through the "African Jungle", feed some of the most gorgeous birds that I've ever seen in real life! These birds were so extremely vibrant in color. They would just fly around and land on whoever the felt like hanging out with. Some people were walking around with three or four birds on them. Jason had fun messing with a few of the birds, and it was pretty funny.













We went to a nice dinner that night. I could barely walk from the blisters on my feet, and Jason kindly walked very slow instead of leaving me in the dust by myself :) The next morning we packed up and headed to the gorgeous Florida beach. It was a perfect day, hard to believe that it is really January! It was a great trip, Jason did an excellent job, and I feel so spoiled to have him plan such a fun trip for me!

5 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, January 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man who is this Jason guy, he is awsome.

 
At 12:20 PM, January 29, 2006, Anonymous Lissa said...

I too have been to "beer school." I learned so much more that all of my days at SACS.

 
At 6:09 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Kevin Morris said...

I hate to dampen your mood but I was planning to go on that trip and had to back ot at the last moment, but since I had already paid for everything I said just take Kristen. Glad you had fun.

 
At 9:25 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Joel said...

Your pictures look great!

 
At 8:02 AM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man i need to get me one of those boyfriend things. how much are they?
ash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home